Toddler Group Blog
Welcome to the Willowbank Parent & Toddler Group blog.
We run every Tuesday Morning in the school hall from 9.00am – 10:45am, where we have a variety of age appropriate toys for children aged between new-born to 4 years. We have an Arts & Craft table every week for parents and children to use and enjoy. Some weeks there will be themed crafts depending on the holidays/events that are coming up around the time i.e. Easter, Halloween, Bonfire/Firework Night, Christmas etc. We run on a Free Flow basis so we take our lead from what the children want to play with:
Our aim for this toddler group is to inspire and empower young minds, allowing them to be able to interact with other children around the same age and help them with all aspects of their personal developmental including having lots of fun through play!
It only costs £1.50 per family which includes refreshments
Staff that are available within this Toddler Group are:
Laura Wood – MTA at the school since December 2019. Laura volunteers her time for toddler group and helped set up the group in Oct 2019 and has helped to run it ever since.
Ms Fleur Buechler – Family Support Worker at Willowbank and is available to offer a friendly ear for advice or to answer any queries/questions you may have in regards to the school itself. The toddler group is run within the First Federations policies and procedures framework.
What to expect Next week – 10.03.2020!
Next week we plan:
- To Have out the play kitchen and encourage the children to cook their favourite 'Play' food
- To have out the books & puzzles – encourage them to try the puzzles and maybe even have a story read by one of the staff
- Building blocks on the mat along with other toys to promote play
- Play dough on the table – to encourage the children to roll out the dough as flat as they can by using the rolling pins
- Selection of Arts & Craft Supplies for young imaginations – all of which can be taken home and enjoyed by all the family.
Passionate about Home Learning
During the lockdown period, Mrs Jaworski has been using her many years of teaching experience and expertise to keep her toddlers busy at home. She has been creating a variety of fun activities and learning opportunities which use every day equipment and are easy to prepare. We are delighted that she has posted these on Instagram to share, inspire and support Willowbank’s Toddler Group.
Click on the link to ‘mytwotoddlers’ below to learn more